Friday, April 22, 2005

Existential Ennui - The Quiz

When someone says to you, "Ya know? All illness comes from inside, like the mind, ya know," and you are still looking and feeling like Death, your first instinct is to ask someone to shoot the hippie and the hippie train she rode in on. Fortunately, I am too weak to hurt someone, so she was safe. And perhaps, not wrong.

1. What was on my mind.... I was in a serious relationship that caused me pain and anxiety. I was also working all the time. Calling me "anxious" was not off-the-mark, but the pain was real. The mind controls pain. Pain is was informs you that something is wrong.

2. I already had an "auto-immunity." I take a little pink pill (and BTW, my parents never received their settlement from Synthroid. Class action, my ass.) [[Pay Pal address here.]] The little little pink 200mcg levothyroxin has been on my tongue since I was twelve. Dx: Hashimoto's Thyroiditis.

3. Childhood knock-out blows. Two, serious. One neurological "dissociative" experience. The two grand mal seizures, the "highlights" of the sudden on-set, I interpret as "side-effects" magnetized. My consistent, since the age of about 16, "partial temporal lobes seizures" have "normalized." Almost.

4. Immediately before my body broke down, I was electrocuted (shocked) at a bar/restaurant (It's still there) on St. Mark's Place.

5. I was immunized for Tetanus only weeks before the symptoms began.

Now you guess what the first symptom was? It's a form of pain. It was a weird itching sensation.

Extras points for naming the doctor pictured. His name is above!
Dr. Hashimoto

No comments: