Thursday, April 27, 2006

Epilepsy - Pliny the Elder

Mistletoe for epilepsy*. Basil and thyme.

Myrrh mixed with hemp and wine for visions.

[Sorry. I forgot to cite this. It's from the Historia Naturalis. Jackson Heights library.]

*My epilepsy could be construed as "visions" per Pliny's work because they are partial temporal-lobe seizures. I see things in reverse. And upside down. And I've been here before. I am an angel floating in the air. Dizzy.

When I was a child, I would complain about the "Fruit Loops Guys." This was a vision on repeat. I called them, these, my visions, my partial temporal-lobe seizures that I couldn't understand, my "deja-vou'ies."

[update] The deja-vou seizures may be called tonic-clonic or something. No doctor has witnessed one. I have NEVER, EVER been given a firm Dx for my little epilepsies.

No comments: