Saturday, September 02, 2006

Diabetes Type I.5 - the Monster

There has a been a monster in my belly since the day the spasms began. I suppose this accounts for my considering an exorcism as a viable medical option.

My back curved inwards in excruciating pain for three months. My back, through all the exercise et. al. never regained it's "posture."

I complained about the bump aka the Monster in the center of my belly. I knew my stomach was there. I would watch the monster move around. Squashing my stomach. Could it have been a swollen pancreas?

I got the Dx on Mother's Day 2006, nearly six years since the Dx of Stiff Man Syndrome. This fall I honor the onset of the spasms. 6 years.

The monster is still aggrieved. It could be the new fake insulin has left the poor pancreas confused. My blood glucose (bg) is an average of 120 mg/Dl of late. I was hospitalized with a measurement of 1000+! It's a miracle I am alive to write this.

Funny. Doctor y'd and said my bg had been tested. Y?

'cause I a skinny. And here's the skinny on being skinny. It's easy to be skinny if you're feeling ill.

No comments: